About CARE INTERNATIONAL:
~~CARE is a non-governmental, non political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need.
CARE invites applications from Qualified Afghan Female candidates for its Kabul based position of Project Officer in its WGE Program. Those with Internet access can email their completed CARE Standard Job Application forms (CARE application form is attached) along with their update CVs and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
CARE has been helping women, with a focus on vulnerable women, and their families meet their most basic needs since 1994 through its Humanitarian Assistance for Women of Afghanistan (HAWA) Program. Since then CARE has evolved to foster women's empowerment through livelihoods support, health services, and literacy classes, organization of women' associations, research, documentation and advocacy. The recently added women' association (women’ Associations For Advocacy in Afghanistan - WAFAA) component is to contribute to Afghanistan’s Human Development by reinforcing local capacities for strengthening women’s rights and empowerment within the framework of Afghanistan’s national legislation and UN Security Council Resolution 1325. The core of the program is to improve the socio-economic position of vulnerable women and other marginalized women through advocacy at both local and national level, in order to bring positive changes in policies and cultural practices that negatively affect women’s position and limit access to basic services in Afghanistan.
The female PO is responsible for timely and quality implementation of the project activities and ensures activities correspond to the overall objectives of the project. The female PO shall provide technical support and guidance to WAFAA transition process, support in capacity building of the WAFAA women and facilitate the process of women understanding and taking new roles and responsibilities. The female PO is also responsible for establishing linkages between WAFAA women and local authorities, government /non-government agencies and other relevant stakeholders and service providers.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Responsibility 1: Provide technical advice, guidance and support on all WAFAA transition issues;
• Contribute to mobilize WAFAA members for orientation on the importance and need for WAFAA to be self-reliant and financially sound.
• Support WAFAA members to increase their understanding and generate feedback on how they would like to manage the affairs of WAFAA;
• Contribute to promote group meetings between Federation members and WAFAA solidarity groups to identify issues that need to be advocated for.
• Provide technical support and guidance to the WAFAA leaders on how to hold awareness raising meetings at Solidarity Group and Action Group levels on women’s rights according to the WAFAA training manuals;
• Contribute to mobilize other CARE’s project beneficiaries, like WIGLD project beneficiaries for referring cases and other right based issues to Women’s’ Association.
Responsibility 2: Contribute to plan and implement WAFAA Project capacity building activities in the target area (Districts1, 5, 6, 7, 8,13,16, Mirbachakot and Bagrami)
• Contribute to promote group meetings between Federation members and WAFAA solidarity groups to identify issues that need to be advocated for;
• Contribute to coordinate and/or facilitate capacity development processes for the women.
• Contribute to Provide targeted mentoring support through coaching, specific advices and provision of practical work to the women,
Responsibility 3: Network building/linkages and Promoting WAFAA at various levels.
• Contribute to identify potential new strategic partners, service providers and networks to interface with WAFAA Federation;
• Closely work with WAFAA federation members to promote linkages of WAFAA women with various service providers;
• Support WAFAA Advocacy Advisor in organizing group discussions with the identified members and networks on the implementation of the WAFAA strategy;
• Link the women with selected service providers including NGOs and government departments to provide literacy training and/or other free services to the women;
Responsibility 4: Plan and implement WAFAA project activities in the target area under her jurisdiction; and ensure that various sorts of reports are timely prepared and submitted .
• In close coordination with CBA and CAA, develop project monthly implementation plans according to the projects work plan and ensure their timely implementation;
• Properly and accurately use and fill the M&E related forms and submit to CBA for final review and data entry on timely manner;
• Ensure that prompt and accurate response is provided to ad-hoc queries put by HAWA program higher management, mission leadership, etc.;
• In coordination with CBA and CAA prepare budget requests for all the field activities according to the projects budget notes and ensure requests are done and processed timely and much in advance;
• Ensure that all field expenses are properly recorded, coded and tallied;
Perform other duties/tasks as assigned by the WAFAA CBA, CAA, UH
~~EDUCATION: Bachelor degree from (social Science)
WORK EXPERIENCE: 5 years of work experience with National or International
SKILLS: Excellent communication skill both Dari and Pashto. English proficiency is desirable.
GENERAL: Enthusiasm of teaching and facilitating workshops. Flexibility to work under difficult conditions. Ability and willingness to work at the communities.
Women Right and Advocacy Unit
Relevant departments at MoWA
District office authorities
Community representatives (Wakils, Mullahs, community Influential)
Willingness to work in tough field conditions and security situation.
Interested candidates should submit their completed CARE standard job application forms (CARE application form is attached) along with the updated resumes and letters of interest to CARE HRD department in its Kabul Main-Office no later than April 29, 2017, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to email@example.com.
You are requested to send your application form along with the updated resume and letters of interest in Word or PDF file. Please do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters and etc. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only short listed candidates will be contacted with, and called for the interview. The interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the short listed candidates sooner after the deadline of vacancy announcement.