Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale is a Non-Governmental Organization, non-profit, apolitical and non-religious. Its entire staff is mobilized daily to cover the basic needs of civilian victims endangered, marginalized or excluded by the effects of natural disasters, wars and situations of economic collapse. PU-AMI is based in 21 countries in Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Caribbean, and operates in the areas of food security, health, nutrition, rehabilitation of infrastructure, water and sanitation and economic recovery. In Afghanistan since 1981, PU-AMI’s teams currently work mainly on the implementation of health services, through BPHS, Nutrition, Emergency and other health projects for the populations of Kunar & Nanghar provinces.
General conditions of employment:
The employee shall abide to this job description, his/her employment contract, PU-AMI Afghanistan National Staff Regulations together with its annexes and attachments, as well as any rules, regulations, internal policy that may be adopted by PU-AMI Afghanistan.
Work under the responsibility of:-
Supervise: Cluster Supervisor
In direct cooperation with: PU-AMI Pharmacy department
1. To participate in health care in providing drugs in DH.
Under Supervision of:
Director of DH, Regional pharmacist, Medical Doctor, Regional/Provincial medical coordinators, expatriate medical team
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Giving regular monthly order according to the need before shortage of drugs in DH
• Keep drugs in good condition according to protocol
• Ensure the arrangement of pharmacy drugs alphabetically considering FIFO or FEFO order.
• Provide drugs to patients with prescription and register them in the pharmacy book and stock reports daily and ensure physical inventory at least once a month
• Each drug must be put in a labeled plastic bag, with the name of the drug, the dosage and the direction of usage and all the prescriptions should be store in DH at the end of month
• In charge of giving health education to the patient regarding drugs use and how to keep the drugs safe
• Make order on monthly basis and inform before shortage the provincial pharmacy team and DH director in order to avoid drugs gap
• Provide monthly consumption report to the provincial pharmacy team and give feedback to DH director.
• Ensure the availability of all supplied drugs and items with specification before signing the receipt form of pharmacy team in each single supply.
• Preparing and updating of the emergency box of the pharmacy on monthly basis according to the list.
• Notify short expire drugs to the DH director and Doctor and if the quantity of drugs are more than the consumption of the DH then send it to provincial pharmacy stock three months before the expiry
~~Please note, while sending your C.V & Cover letter, please mention the vacancy number and position in the subject list, application received after the closing date and without subject list will not be taken in consideration. Local applicants from the same province are encourage to apply and will be given priority.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Hard copies of C.V can be submitted to below PU-AMI offices:
PU-AMI Kunar : Asad Abad office, Near to Marif Ryasta Haji Taj Mohammad House
PU-AMI Jalalabad: Regi Shahmard Khan, Sayed Kaykhan Shops Street # 1 House # 4
Note: Only short listed candidate will be contacted